Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dogs & Prairie dresses

2011 had started rough for my family and it seems it's determined not to let up yet. I've spent the last week wading through intense uncertainty my job. Everything has been, to say the least, unpleasant. On the bright side, it is amazing how much troubled times are soothed by coming home to a cute puppy.

Boyfriend and I took my new family dog, Ben, out for a walk at a nearby park this beautiful Sunday afternoon. He's a rescue who is part Black Lab and, we think, Border Collie. We couldn't have asked for a sweeter dog.

Dogs & Prairie Dresses;
Dress:
Anthropologie Plains & Prairies dress
Top: Miss Selfridge pink and cream polka dot shirt
Shoes: Anthropologie Winding Ruffle boots
Bag: Coach Madison Sabrina in pale pink
Accessories: Urban Outfitters leather waist belt
Urban Outfitters metal hairband
Forever 21 pink songbird necklace
Betsey Johnson floral sunglasses

The Plains & Prairies dress was not something I initially coveted when I saw in last year. I found it alone in the sale room a bit after it was marked down and tried it on for fun. I was amazed and delighted at how well it fit me. The one complaint I had was that the top was a bit immodest on me. The adjustable straps help, but overall this was an item meant to be layered with a shirt. I barely ever wear the dress without this polka dot top under it.
The dress lightly lined and a bit long, making it perfect for spring. I love adding sleeves to make my dresses a bit more spring seasonal - the perfect thing to throw on without a cardigan for breezy, dog-walking days.


5 comments:

  1. omg i love your blog!
    http://applecherriemango.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute pup! Yes, they are very comforting and tend to make everything better (or at least tolerable). I hope things start looking up for you soon:) I love the pink polka dots under the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your furry baby! I have a furry baby, too. Her name is Sweetie and she is Chipin - Chihuahua/Minpin. She is VERY spoiled! I live in the So. Bay. It would be cool to meet up sometime! I am a new follower. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to tell you I LOVE your necklace! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cassie min & Kristin - Thank you! A dog really does do wonders for your well being.

    Sherry - Thanks for following! Your dog sounds adorable.

    ReplyDelete