Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reviews; Bright Bandana Dress, Sugared Dress, and Flower Stand Dress

I actually remembered to grab my phone while trying on some dresses in Anthropologie today! Anthro has been a little off my radar the last few months. I've been busy, and they've been a bit off. Feeling a bit lighter, I decided to stop in and ended up trying three cute dresses.


I saw this in the window of my local store and it grabbed me instantly. I didn't notice it online, but I loved the colour in person. I took my normal size 10. This dress wins a point for me for not having a plastic hidden zipper. I hate those with the passion of a thousand exploding suns. They are always delicate, and lately Anthro has had especially flimsy ones. I love the sweetheart neckline of this frock as it's flattering on my larger bust. The material is a very light and summer appropriate cotton (machine washable, no less!). I don't love the apron style pockets, but they blend in alright if I leave them empty. I'm definitely hoping to pick this dress up, but I'm holding out for a sale.



I was really hoping this piece would be my birthday dress this year. In person, the pink notes of the print were even more noticeable. I loved that. I was disappointed once I had this on in my normal size 10, however. Remember my hatred for hidden plastic zippers? This one was so delicate that I was afraid to zip it up. The bust felt big and slightly loose, but I just didn't trust it not to break. I had flashbacks to the Sing Sweetly Dress which broke on me in even a huge sizes. Talk about disheartening! The dress is flattering to an hourglass figure, which is great and all too rare. Those with smaller busts might need to size down for the large top. For the price and that zipper though, this is a pass until sale time. Sad.
See it again on Kim from Anthroholic.



Okay, so I'm going to be the first to admit this dress is not the most flattering on me. It doesn't work on my longer torso, so it can't show off my small waist to the best extent. I also don't really care. I was so ready to walk out with the Flower Stand Dress, or even wear it out of the store, until I saw the price tag. Ouch. I will try and wait for sale, but I can't wait to wear this in the hot weather. The skirt, despite have some pouf, feels so light. I love the stripes and the colours, and I love that it comes with straps. The other sad point, besides the price, is this is another hidden, plastic zipper. This one felt a little less flimsy than the Sugared Dress, but I would have preferred it a) in the back of the dress and 2) to be metal. Still I love this thing, and I will be dreaming of it until I can afford it.

If you have any questions about these reviews, feel free to ask away. If you've reviewed these dresses as well, I'd love to link back to you so let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I like the first one best by far~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you can wear tube tops... Those dresses are lovely! but just because they are strapless.. it's not for me.. The Flower Stand Dress is so you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tammie.

    Keiko, it's a bit of a challenge to wear strapless stuff but I still do it hahaha~ layering them with t-shirts help though.
    Thanks! I loveee the Flower Stand dress! I hope it shall be mine.

    ReplyDelete