Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Party [Christmas Outfit 1 of 3]

It's time to wish everyone who celebrates a very Merry Christmas! My holiday preparation has already been rather hectic but I'm still so excited for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The outfit in tonight's post is one of my three big outfits for the season. You'll have to endure three different Christmas posts, dear readers.

My parents always throw a big party for our family friends a few days before Christmas, so I went with something a bit easily elegant to be able to rush around greeting every guest, posing for pictures.
I wanted to thank the community at Effortless Anthropologie for helping me track down this beautiful frock. I had to call at least a dozen stores to get this beauty and I couldn't be happier with it. The shift style silhouette makes me a bit nervous because it doesn't suit my body type normally. This dress though has enough of an A cut that I feel it's forgiving of my curves.

Christmas Party;
Dress: Anthropologie Discovered Lace Dress
Necklaces: Urban Outfitters typewriter key initial & Miss Selfridge
rose & pearl ribbon
Bottom: Anthropologie Scant Summer Petticoat
Legwear: Topshop dusty rose tights
Shoes: Steve Madden Heaven leather flats

Making a special appearance in my holiday posts is my mum's beautiful Christmas decorations. She's been collecting Christmas pieces all her life and goes all out decorating our home. Many of her items, and all my favourites, are from Scandinavia. Her family is Danish, so we've been to that part of the world many times over the years, though she is the only one lucky enough to have gone at Christmas. I really love Christmas decor. Besides the traditional Scandinavian pieces, she mixes in a lot of Victorian items, 1940s vintage, and even some fun modern items.

No comments:

Post a Comment